India Reports 94,052 New COVID-19 Cases1 min read
By Administrator_ India
India reported 94,052 new COVID-19 cases and 6148 new deaths today. The country has so far reported a total of 2,91,83,121 cases and 3,59,676 deaths.
- India’s test positivity rate (positive cases identified for every 100 tests) continues to decline. It stands at 4.69 percent, the third straight day that it is below the 5 per cent-mark.
- Tamil Nadu reported 17,321 infections, followed by Kerala (16,204) Maharashtra (10,989) and Karnataka (10,959).
- The Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday reported that the number of deaths across the state in the pandemic was 9,429, a dramatic spike that also impacts the center’s daily Covid death figures.
- Delhi’s daily Covid cases witnessed a slight rise on day three of ‘unlocking’.
- In fresh guidelines for the management of COVID-19 in children, the government has ruled out the use of antiviral drug Remdesivir; it has recommended a ‘6-Minute Walk Test’ on children above 12 to assess “cardio-pulmonary exercise tolerance”.
- As many as 25,06,41,440 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been provided to states/Union Territories so far, free of cost by the central government, informed the Union Health Ministry. The third phase of the vaccination drive started on May 1.
- The Bombay High Court on Wednesday said the center’s approach against COVID-19 should be “like a surgical strike” instead of standing at the borders waiting for the virus to come out.